So what?

This is my blog where I showcase my handmade resin jewelry pieces and offer information and tips on great ways to work with resin. Please feel free to email me if you have questions!



Why Resin Chica? My absolute favorite material to work with is Resin because it is beautifully transparent, gets fussy when not taken good care of, particular, can be molded and changed to adapt, and will stubbornly stay put until it gets it's way. Only certain people can work well with Resin. I am Resin Chica. (Yes I am also Free2bMommy) Resin Chica is my Sasha Fierce!



Friday, March 19, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Glitter makes a girl go crazy! I love using glitter in my rings and other projects I tackle. I will be working on some sets for the first time. Matching ring, bracelet, and maybe earrings. I will be donating a couple sets to different auctions, and I'm really excited about the project! I will however have to tone down the colors and amount of glitter I use, while attempting to appeal to the auction audience. Wish me luck! I will post pics, soon!!

Now I will be on my way to the kitchen to start stage 1 of some rings and 1 trial bracelet. Don't worry, I have a separate marble top counter where I do all of my resin casting, I also make sure to have the window open to ensure lots of ventilation. Remember...just because you don't necessarily smell the resin, does not mean that it's not there. I have to remind myself of that too. I also have to remind myself to always protect all surfaces I am working on. If the resin spills...it really spills! I does not come out of clothing!! I know from experience! Just take the extra step to cover everything and put on an apron or old t-shirt.


Resin Chica

1 comment:

  1. who doesn't love glitter?? I'm gonna see where I can get a hold of some resin, cause I have lots of glitter that I usually use for making nails, but they would look great for jewelry

    ReplyDelete