So what?

This is my blog where I showcase my handmade resin jewelry pieces and offer information and tips on great ways to work with resin. Please feel free to email me if you have questions!



Why Resin Chica? My absolute favorite material to work with is Resin because it is beautifully transparent, gets fussy when not taken good care of, particular, can be molded and changed to adapt, and will stubbornly stay put until it gets it's way. Only certain people can work well with Resin. I am Resin Chica. (Yes I am also Free2bMommy) Resin Chica is my Sasha Fierce!



Monday, January 4, 2010

my creations...

So...I "sealed" some icon images in decoupage that totally did not work...once I placed the images into the resin, the images were quickly messed up with patches of translucency from the resin. I have heard that Mod Podge is the best option. Since I do not have Mod Podge, I used Decoupage glue to seal in the image the day before even placing the item in the resin. Following the image embedding, I added a final layer of awesome bright pink glitter as the background. This camouflaged the decoupage mistake a little bit...but I am afraid not enough...oh well maybe I can use them for the HUGE window decorating I have in mind...more to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment