So what?

This is my blog where I showcase my handmade resin jewelry pieces and offer information and tips on great ways to work with resin. Please feel free to email me if you have questions!



Why Resin Chica? My absolute favorite material to work with is Resin because it is beautifully transparent, gets fussy when not taken good care of, particular, can be molded and changed to adapt, and will stubbornly stay put until it gets it's way. Only certain people can work well with Resin. I am Resin Chica. (Yes I am also Free2bMommy) Resin Chica is my Sasha Fierce!



Saturday, April 10, 2010

Decals for embedding

This weekend I am working on using printed logos/decals from my computer and sealing them to embed into rings.

I have received 3 special requests involving company logos or favorite sports teams. This is my favorite project yet. I love custom projects and the artistic freedom that comes with it. Many times people will just send me a picture via attachment and I work with it to shrink it down and print for the embedding process. Many people think that custom jobs are time consuming and boring. I think quite the opposite. I love when somone give me a piece of inspiration to go on and trusts me to create an awesome original piece.

I am experimenting more and more, with resin dyes and layering techniques, that are a little more advanced then I am use to. Once you reach a certain level of "expertise" with resin, you can not help but want to take it to the next level. The possibilities are endless and it seems like the projects just get bigger and bigger!

I am going to see if someone can help me get some pics while I prepare the logo decal rings, so that I can share them here!

Resin Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment