So what?

This is my blog where I showcase my handmade resin jewelry pieces and offer information and tips on great ways to work with resin. Please feel free to email me if you have questions!



Why Resin Chica? My absolute favorite material to work with is Resin because it is beautifully transparent, gets fussy when not taken good care of, particular, can be molded and changed to adapt, and will stubbornly stay put until it gets it's way. Only certain people can work well with Resin. I am Resin Chica. (Yes I am also Free2bMommy) Resin Chica is my Sasha Fierce!



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Casting resin the ice resin way!


I usually write about casting epoxy resin. Lately, I have been seeing a whole lot about Ice Resin, so I decided to do a Resin Chica 101 and bring the info to you!

Ice resin- is a clear resin that is also used for projects involving jewelry and paper.

What makes this resin different from the easy cast resin that I use for my projects? I honestly have not noticed very many differences and my research has indicated the same. The conclusion I draw is that it is a matter of preference, but I am leaning toward the difference being the "ice" like texture and look of the ice resin. Hence "Ice" in ice resin. I have also heard that it may be less odorous and not as harmful of a chemical, but don't quote me.

I am going to be working on a project using ice resin soon and I will tell you first hand what differences I notice right off the back.

In the meantime, check out the mother of all information for ice resin- http://www.iceresin.com/ for more info and cool picks as to what you can do with resin casting specific to ice resin. Let me know if you try it out yourself!

Resin Chica- the Resinista of Resin

No comments:

Post a Comment