So what?

This is my blog where I showcase my handmade resin jewelry pieces and offer information and tips on great ways to work with resin. Please feel free to email me if you have questions!



Why Resin Chica? My absolute favorite material to work with is Resin because it is beautifully transparent, gets fussy when not taken good care of, particular, can be molded and changed to adapt, and will stubbornly stay put until it gets it's way. Only certain people can work well with Resin. I am Resin Chica. (Yes I am also Free2bMommy) Resin Chica is my Sasha Fierce!



Saturday, February 13, 2010

My resin casting in process!


This is a picture from my latest project of resin candy sprinkle rings (blurry due to taken with phone)! The pieces have already been cured once, this photo was taken once I poped the pieces out and filled the backs with more resin mixed with glitter for a layering effect. I balance them on the same mold I used to make them...seems to work alright.
Soooo cute you will want to eat them! (please do not attempt!!) I am taking the remaining pics that I plan to post on etsy before the weekend is over! These are some of the best ones yet! When you are working with resin you will quickly see how much your technique will improve with the more and more you cast. You will pick up your own style to prevent spills, get rid of bubbles, and create even more beautiful pieces. Dont get frustrated if your first cast is a disaster! My first time casting resin, I waisted all of the resin because I mixed way more then I needed. Just stick with it and you too, will have some pretty awesome outcomes when you least expect it!


Hugs, kisses, and resin!

--Resin Chica

No comments:

Post a Comment